The Body Soap Pink Grapefruit Soap
4 for 10 US DOLLARS (SALE)
4 out of 5 stars
FTC Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I purchased this product myself as a birthday present.
1. Usage: This bar of soap lasted me a month, which is impressive. I didn’t use this every time I showered, (I have other products as well to use up.) but a month is still a really long lifespan for a soap that you used at least 4 days a week. Plus, I used this when I took a bath as well….Maybe, I did use this 7 days a week…Anyways, guys use a lot more soap than girls or at least, my guy does. He seems to go through this kind of soap in two weeks. Good value for the lasting power still. 5 out of 5 stars
2. Packaging: This soap comes in pink tinted packaging, so you can see the product itself which is a smart idea. The soap is pretty in a nice baby doll pink and was wrapped up like a candy bar. No fancy packaging here, but I like the simple plastic wrapper. I just wish it was wrapped in paper rather than light plastic. 4 out of 5 stars
3. Scent: The soap has a really tart pink grapefruit scent that is really true to life of an actual pink grapefruit. I was surprised by the scent at first, but I really enjoyed it. It was a nice crisp scent that was energizing like most citrus scents are. The scent does not linger on the skin after the shower, so it is perfect for men to use as well. You won’t smell like a pink grapefruit! But the scent does last in the bathroom air for a while after. 4 out of 5 stars
4. Performance: The soap lathers very well into a creamy, foamy mixture. The lather is white however; it was a bit disappointing to not see pink foam and the more I used the soap, the less vivid pink the bar was. It became a really light pink near the end. I enjoyed the clean feeling that this soap gave me. I didn’t feel like I needed to use any shower gel after to get a squeaky clean feel. I do not feel like this soap harshly strips the skin of dirt either. 4 out of 5 stars
5. Ingredients: Well, this soap does not contain harsh detergents such as lauryl sulfates that strips the skin of natural oils that it needs for moisture and protection against pathogens. I like that there are no parabens and not a lot of chemical ingredients in this product. It contains two dyes, but it gives the soap that pretty pink coloring so I can live with the little bit of dye there is in this. I am really happy with the ingredients! 5 out of 5 stars
6. Results: The soap is way better than the store variety, but my body was still slightly allergic to this siap. I am allergic to cream-based soaps and glycerin ones are better for me. Shower gel does not give me a reaction whatsoever. I do not appreciate having red marks on my skin after having a shower or tiny bumps on my back. I am going to be giving my boyfriend a couple of bars of soap and use up the remaining bars I have. Maybe, it was just this particular scent. 2 out of 5 stars
Overall, I give this soap 4 stars out of 5. I cannot believe that I broke out 4 even. *laughs* That’s kind of amazing. I would repurchase for my boyfriend or to give this as a gift. As an aside, I gave away my Chocomania soap to a man in my life. I couldn’t stand the masculine scent of coco powder and Cheyenne pepper, but he loved it. Just wanted to let you know about this particular scent. Have you tried The Body Shop? What are you loving of their’s?