Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser Oil-Free
6.99 US DOLLARS
8 fl oz
3 out of 5 stars
FTC Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I bought this with my own money.
1. Usage: I use a pump of this on my Clarisonic and I use it twice a day. This bottle lasted me at least 3 months. I know I bought it this year, but I do not remember the exact month. Still, that lasted a pretty long time. 5 out of 5 stars
2. Packaging: I love that this bottle comes with a pump that locks and unlocks. It makes this product perfect to take to sleep over at someone else’s house and not have it spill everywhere in your bag. I like how the pump and background color matches the color of the product, which is yellow. It makes the print easier to read and the bright words on the front just pop. 5 out of 5 stars
3. Scent: The product smells fresh, but chemically. It gives me a bit of a headache, if I breath it in too deeply. I can definitely smell the lemon scent, but not much of the papaya. I personally do not smell that fruit at all. I believe that the scent could be improved upon. Plenty of cleansers smell nice and it is surprising that I did not like the smell of this product. 2 out of 5 stars
4. Performance: The cleanser is a brightening cleanser, so I bought it with the intention to lessen the appearance of my acne marks. They are red marks made by blemishes after they heal. Well, this cleanser did nothing to enhance the appearance of my skin. Even the rest of my face did not benefit from this product. I noticed that the product is very shimmery/glittery. Maybe that is how you get a “brightened” effect, but I never noticed any shimmer left after I washed the product off. So, I am at a loss with why this a skin brightener. 1 out of 5 stars
5. Ingredients: Unfortunately, there is another strike against this product. It contains parabens and since the product has fruit in it, I figured that the parabens where fruit derived and natural. No such animal. The parabens were listed BEFORE the fruit; therefore, the parabens are not naturally derived. The cleanser contains minimum dyes. I do not know what ingredient(s) create(s) the shimmer. 1 out of 5 stars
6. Results: Although this product lathers beautifully and leaves a tingly feeling on the skin, it did not perform as it claimed. The product failed to “brighten” any part of my skin and I feel like it really did nothing for my skin besides cleaning it. This cleanser is labeled as a brightener only. It does not claim to work for acne, so I didn’t expect it to help with that. It was just a regular cleanser that felt nice to me. 2 out of 5 stars
Overall, I give this cleanser 2.6 out of 5 stars. It is average and doesn’t work as it claims on my skin. I will not be repurchasing. Did you try it? Do you like it?