The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
8 US DOLLARS
8.4 fl oz
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I purchased this item with my own money.
1. Usage: This is the only shampoo bottle that I have ever owned that does not give you directions on how to use it. I do not know if that is a gift or a curse, but it didn’t bother me. I used a quarter to a half-dollar amount of shampoo, since my hair is medium length and thick. Although, I do have layers that makes my hair thinner and easier to handle. I massage this onto my scalp for two to five minutes, then rinse out. My scalp tends to get oily, so I really concentrate the product there. The shampoo is a bit on the runny side, so it is not always easy to handle. 4 out of 5 stars
2. Packaging:/b> I like how the clear bottle comes with a stuck on label. The yellow of the product and the green label really complement each other aesthetically. The packaging is simple and sweet. What drew me to the product was the description of the scent, not the packaging, but that is not to say that the packaging took away from the experience. 3 out of 5 stars
3. Scent: The product smells more like candied bananas than the real thing. Do not get me wrong, it still smells delicious. There is an underlying scent of shampoo chemical smell, but that is something no shampoo can hide. It’s the smell of its cleaning power. Still, the scent is the best aspect of this product. 4 out of 5 stars
4. Performance: The product has the yellow look of real bananas with a runny consistency. I need a goid amount to really clean my scalp. The bottle lasted me a good 5 months for such a small amount, but I wash my hair 3-4 days a week. The product lathered, but not too much. I do not think that it overly stripped my scalp of essential oils. 4 out of 5 stars
5. Ingredients: This is not a sulfate-free shampoo. It does contain real bananas, which was a plus for me. I just wish they had left out the added fragrance, which made it smell a bit artificial. It has honey added, making this product not vegan, but that does not bother me. They could have done without the added coloring as well. 3 out of 5 stars
6. Results: The shampoo effectively washed my hair and for how long it lasted, the price was reasonable. The smell was delicious and made me like the product more than I should have, since some of the ingredients weren’t that great. 4 out of 5 stars
Overall, I give this shampoo 3.6 out of 5 stars. I like how the bottle is made out of 100% plastic and has fair trade key ingredients. I will not be rushing out to repurchase it, because I have to use up my old shampoos and have my eye on something new. Thos product would be great for traveling, though. So, if I am going to be traveling, I would pick this up for that purpose.