Heya Aspiring Gurus!
I have a new blog series that I am going to start this weekend. It is going to be called The Retail Diaries. I do not wat to start a new blog for my new job in retail, so I thought that I would add it into this blog. This blog is my own personal blog that I wanted to reflect everything about myself. I named my blog Beauty and the Bookcase, because I believe that I am beautiful (I now not many women can say this confidently about themselves, but you really should. All of us are beautiful in our own way.) and I love everything beauty related and books are my passion. Now, I can add a new career into the mix as well. It is a sign of adulthood that I am finally a part of. My blog title will remain the same, but I will have a new category called The Retail Diaries, which will be about all the adventures that I encounter in my retail career. You will know more about this soon in an upcoming post, I promise! Now, onto the review you are dying to read.
A Lush Choice
Lush Aqua Marina Facial Cleanser
12.76 US DOLLARS
4 out of 5 stars
1. Usage: I could only use this for a month and a half and there was a lot of product in this. There was plenty enough for three months of use. I used it up by using it as a face mask once a week and by sharing it with my dad. I still have a bit of product left after the expiration date, so I’m using it to wash my hands. I would recommend getting this fresh with three months ahead of you, so you do not feel the rush to finish it all up before it expires. 3 out of 5 stars
2. Packaging: I really enjoy the simple packaging, but I am upset that it didn’t come in a black pot. Maybe, they will take my clear pot anyway? I like the concept of less packaging and helping the environment. Plus, cleansers don’t have to be beautiful, right? Just effective. 5 out of 5 stars
3. Scent: The product smells very fresh, crisp and clean. I can smell the seaweed and the calamine, but they are not off-putting or smell fishy (it can smell fish a little, more of an undertone, if you smell deep enough.) I personally like the scent, but scents are very individual and not all people will like the smell of this product. 4 out of 5 stars
4. Performance: It took a few tries to get the consistency right, but once I did, this was a very milky, gentle cleanser that was great for in the morning. I do not think that it is cleansing enough for evening use. I like to use something heavier in addition to my makeup remover and clarisonic. I think it does a good job at cleansing and face eels refreshed after not dry like some other cleansers. Although, my face does feel matte, just not that dry, tight feeling. The bits of seaweed can make a bit of a mess as well and can get stuck in my hair. 3 out of 5 stars
5. Ingredients: This cleanser has all natural ingredients and is very healthy for your skin. It has really fresh ingredients with little to no preservatives, which is why it only has a three-month shelf life. I can say nothing bad about the ingredients for me. 5 out of 5 stars
6. Results: Although, I do love this as a morning cleanser, I find it too expensive for how long it lasts. I do want to try the solid bar version of this soap, because I do think it is worth it, if you went to splurge on skin care. 3 out of 5 stars
Overall, I give cleanser 3.8 out of 5 stars. I will not be repurchasing this product, but I will buy the solid version when I run out of the rest of the cleansers that I have.
FTC DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own and I purchased everything with my own money.