Heya Aspiring Gurus!
I have yet another tag this one from MissGlamorazzi herself. She tagged everyone, but instead of a video, I am going to do a blog post, answering these questions. I tag Dani as always to do this tag and anyone else on the blog-sphere. I am sorry if I am doing way too many tags, but hopefully tomorrow, I will have a new camera. I have a camera on my laptop, but it is very low quality and I would rather go without pictures than to use it.
1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
The products that I have been using and loving have been The Body Shop Honey Bronzer for my face and Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Malibu Radiance Whipped Body Cream. The bronzer gives my skin the prettiest glow without looking orange, brown, or fake. It is not shimmery and it is mattifying (how do you spell it right anyway?) which is nice in the summer with all the heat. The body cream gives my legs a nice sheen and is slightly perfecting. It is a pink tinted cream with loads of gold shimmer to give your skin a just back from vacation glow. It also smells amazingly like summer to me, which is what I want to smell like year round.
2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
I would recommend Girl At Sea by Maureen Johnson like I mentioned in a previous tag. I would elaborate too much, but it is a great beach read that mimics a chic flick, just in book form.
3. What’s your signature summer scent this year?
My signature summer scent this year is Bath & Body Works White Citrus, which is truly amazing despite its lack of staying power. I have to reapply ever hour, but it is so nice that I do not mind all that much. I am almost out though, so hopefully I will have a new scent for next summer.
4. The sun is shining and it’s time to get outside! What’s your favorite thing to do?
My favorite thing to do outside is walk my dogs in the sunshine and swim in the ocean. My dogs love to be walked outside and it is a great way to get fresh air. I wish that I could go to the ocean at least once this summer. Maybe in August, I will be able to go to the ocean, walk my dogs, and then, swim in the ocean.
5. You’re on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What’s your go-to summer beach food?
My go-to summer beach food is cotton candy and corn dogs! I hate hot dogs, but for some reason, corn dogs are absolutely tasty to me. Oh! And baked pretzels with mustard on them. Those are so good! I love a lot of summery kinds of food, but is it bad that I want them year round?
6. Sunscreen is always important, but it’s a MUST in summer! What’s your favorite? (Face, body, or both)
My favorite sunscreen of all time is made by Hawaiian Tropics. They make the best ones and the scent is amazing. I couldn’t imagine summer without this sunscreen. It just wouldn’t be summer without them. They also make sunscreen for the face, which I will be trying after I finish my Neutragena, which I do not like that much.
7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
I sit in the AC in my apartment and have a slushie from Cumberland Farms or 7 Eleven. It is the perfect summertime drink and I couldn’t let a summer pass without having one. I also like to apply aloe vera gel on my body after a day in the sun, to just give it a bit of tlc.
8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.)
I actually bleached a section of hair on both sides of my head. I bleached it blonde and it looks very summery. I love doing stuff to my hair in the summer. It is so fun! I might just do a sombre in September to transition my hair from summer until fall.
9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
I don’t have a must-have summer nail polish color, but I do really love the bubble gum pink color that Dani bought me or my birthday. So, I would have to say that color is the must-have nail polish color for this summer.
10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
I would recommend watching Pretty Little Liars. It is super intense right now! I would also recommend watching the Vampire Diaries and Being Human. For some reason, I have been really into vampire shows lately and supernatural shows.
11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
I wear BB Cream during the summer and air-foam foundation. I only like to wear really light formulas in the summer. I couldn’t imagine wearing something heavy or wearing something without any coverage, so I have been applying concealer as needed on top of my face base for that flawless finish.
12. It’s super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
I will always reach for sunnies! I do not really wear hats at all. I only own one and hardly wear it at all.
13. What is your summer jam this year?
The song that I have been enjoying this summer is On My Way by Lea Michelle. I am hooked on it!
14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
The only thing on my summer bucket list is to visit the ocean. I need to make it happen!
15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year!
I am loving one pieces lately, but I have yet to buy any bathing suit.
16. Summer means heat… and sweat! What’s your favorite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
My favorite sweat proof product has been my mascara from Be A Bombshell Cosmetics.
17. Summer wouldn’t be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
I would create pink lemonade sherbet ice cream. Who wants some?
That is it for now! Hope you all have a great day!
Selena Hannah xoxoxo