Heya Aspiring Gurus!
I promised that I would share my perfume collection with all of you, so here it goes. Also, I decided to get more creative with my titles. Do you like it? A lot of you seem to when I got 99 views in one hour on yesterday’s post. Thank you guys so much! This means the world to me. Anyways, this my collection. I have about 20 decent sized perfumes and a few small vials. I have other samples in vials, but they are really tiny single use ones. Also, my giveaway is still going for 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Enter HERE. You still have great odds!
My Whole Collection At A Glance:
My Expensive Designer Perfumes:
From Left to Right:
- Britney Spears Curious: Remember when these were so popular? I still love mine. Curious is surprisingly strong and musky with undertones of something sweetly floral. A most curious scent!
- DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom: This is tinted pink and is sweetly floral with a light crispness and a little applesque. It is perfect for spring. And come on! I love the apple shaped design!
- Britney Spears In Control: I think this was her first perfume ever. Dani doesn’t even remember it and she loves and owns practically all f them, except for this one. It was my first perfume ever back when I think I was 11 or 12. It was a really long time ago, but it still smells exactly how I remember. Perfume doesn’t really go bad I think at least, not mine. The perfume is sweet and cotton candy like, but instead of being childish, the light musk elevates it to elegance. This bottle is also HUGE. It is still two thirds full. I use it for special occasions only. I love it so much and it is no longer made.
- Hilary Duff With Love: I love the diamond bottle and I’m sad to be halfway finished with this one. It is sweetly musky, but also very warm. It is like a cozy cashmere sweater on a cold day. Something about just makes you feel like its a cozy candlelight dinner night. A warm and fuzzy feeling. I’m not really good at describing scents, but this is how they make me feel.
- Gwen Stefanie HaraJuku Lovers in Love: The bottle is childish, but I think that’s the fantasy of it. The scent is sweet and sour from the musk in it. It has a slight floral that is masked almost completely by the sour musk. It’s a scent that would give you a headache if you smell it too much. I don’t really care for it, but sometimes, I find myself grabbing for it if I want something different.
- Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture: I don’t want to say how expensive this little bottle was. *shudder* It is yellow tinged and still brand new. I bought it before the move and just found it. It is very strong and expensive smelling. It is very musky with a sweet floral accent. It is very alcoholy smelling in the bottle, but dries to a powdery musk that is just divine!
From Left to Right:
- Victoria’s Secret PINK With A Splash in Fresh & Clean: I bought this at Bath & Body Works at a 2 for 1 sale. This smells exactly like the name of the scent. It smells like fresh, clean sheets. It kinda has that fresh laundry sort of scent. I use body sprays to layer my perfumes on and this one is a great base for the powdery scents.
- Victoria’s Secret PINK With A Splash in Sweet & Flirty: The scent is sweet and floral which goes great with most of my scents. I tend to gravitate towards sweeter scents and most of those has a bit of floral in them, which I do not mind. I guess, I am just a sweet kind of girl.
- Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea: I used to be really into this scent. It is cotton candy sweet with a dash of floral freshness. This pairs great with my really sweet cotton candy like scents. On a low key day, I wear this on its own.
- Bath & Body Works Sea Spray: Since this is moisturizing, I use it in the summer after a shower instead of body lotion unless I am really dry or going to be doing a fake tan soon. It smells like a day at the ocean and I tend to use musky scents with it. I then layer a sunscreen on top of it if I am going out and they pair beautifully together.
- Mary Kate & Ashley Tropical Burst in Vanilla Sugar: This is sugary sweet, but it is also a bit citrusy as well. It saves it from being overly sweet and sickening.
From Left to Right:
- Mary Kate & Ashley Two: this is the yellow tinged perfume. The first one, I think was pink. This perfume is fresh, sweet, and girly. It is also a bit peppery, but I still love this perfume It is a unique scent that I haven’t come across yet and reminds me of good times in my childhood. I used to spray my Barbie’s hair with this perfume.
- High School Musical: It used to be a lighter purple, but now it is a much darker purple. It smells sweet like vanilla ice cream. There really is no other notes in this, but I love it for its simplicity. Who doesn’t ant to smell like ice cream?
- Prince Matchabelli Cotton Candy: Need I say more? This is super sweet and doesn’t last very long. I’m almost done with this though. This is the one childhood fragrance that I am happy to part with once its gone.
- Lavender Perfume: This came in a perfume making set. It is strongly lavender and nothing else. I like a little bit of lavender now and then added to another perfume for dimension.
- Precious: A little sweet but mostly powdery musk. It is a nice light daytime, almost not there scent.
- Rockin’ Rio: It smells like John Freida Go Blonder Shampoo and I tend to wear this any time I use that shampoo to lasten the scent of freshly shampooed hair.
From Top to Bottom:
- Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy: This scent is spicy, sweet, white musk, woodsy, fresh, and a little fruity. I would wear this on a date night for sure. It has that kind of scent to it.
- Britney Spears Fantasy: This scent is strongly musky, warm, almost mentholy, warm vanilla for that hint of sweetness, and a bitterness of lime.
- Pop Sugar Pink Sugar: This smells like spun sugar and light musk. It isn’t cotton candy sweet, but it is lightly sweet like an adult cotton candy.
From Left to Right:
- Bath & Body Works White Citrus: I don’t know why it’s called White, but it is strongly citrus. It smells like freshly juiced lemons and limes. It is one of my favorite scents ever.
- Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods: This is another one of my favorites. It is perfectly woodsy like fresh snow and the crunching of fallen leaves. It has the earthy scent with the warmness of a fireplace. It is sweet and just perfection. It reminds me of In Control in a way.
- Bath & Body Works Amber Blush: This scent is sour and coconuty. It smells like yummy to be honest. It has a hint of a sun tan oil type of scent.
- Curve Crush: This is powdery and sweet like a white powdered donut. It is simply delicious. I like the occasional food scented perfumes.
- Lady Gaga Fame: This black perfume is very sophisticated. It has a sweet musk and fruity. Of course, it has that other ingredient too. lol
- Vampire: This one is super spicy and rich. It definitely has a sweetness to balance out the spicy and heavy musk. It is totally different from anything else that I own. I wear this a lot during the winter and the name is amazing too.
I hope you enjoyed me Perfume Collection and my interpretation of how they smell. This also could be the longest post I have ever written before. Yay for weekends for making this possible! Also, a life update: I could be getting a weekend job to have extra cash since having a new car is expensive. I’m gonna see if I can get a job again at Kmart strictly as a floor personal in the clothing department. Does anyone else hold two jobs?