Heya Aspiring Gurus!
I thought that I would share the exercise routine that I will be doing all month long. I switch up my routines every month or else I will get bored. This is a short 20 minute routine. You can always add more reps that would suit your endurance level. Since I’m pregnant, I can only do a beginners level workout, which I would have laughed at before. I could easily walk 2 miles and then do a 45 minute intense workout. That would total almost two hours on a weekday and I would do double that on a weekend day. Let’s get into the workout!
- Butt Kicks & High Knees:
- Run in place kicking your heels to your butt for one minute.
- Run in place raising your knees as high as you can for one minute.
- Mountain Climbers:
- Get in a push up position and bring one knee to your chest. Make sure to balance on the balls of your feet.
- Support yourself with your arms as you quickly switch legs (in my case slowly, because I cannot do sudden movements).
- Repeat for 1 minute.
- Water Bottle Extensions:
- Lie with feet flat and knees bent. Hold a 1-liter water bottle (filled) over your head keeping arms straight.
- Lower the bottle until it almost touches your forehead and raise it up again.
- Do 1 set of 15 reps.
- Power Towel Crunches:
- Lie flat with a roll of paper towels between your shins and put your arms up in the air (like you just don’t care).
- Lift shoulders off of the ground, lifting your legs straight up as well. Crunch far enough to tap the roll, then return to start.
- Do 1 set of 12 reps.
- Soccer Ball Leg Lifts:
- Sit in a chair with your back straight and arms at your sides. Squeeze a ball between your ankles.
- Push up with your legs and extend them until they are straight. Return to start.
- Do 1 set of 15 reps.
- Lie on your back with feet in the air and knees at 90 degree angles.
- Make circles with your legs as if you were riding a bike.
- Do it for 1 minute.
This routine promises to firm you up in just one month of doing this exercise routine three times a week. I also walk my dogs for 30 minutes every weekend day. So, that is an hour of this routine a week and an hour of walking a week, which totals two hours of exercise and my doctor recommends 1 hour of exercise a week. Nothing wrong with double dosing. What’s your routine?